From: berkut13@... [canard-aviators]
To: monsivaizmt00 ; canard-aviators
Sent: Thu, Jan 29, 2015 11:42 pm
Subject: Re: [c-a] Roncz Canard

Think again.  $160 is QUITE reasonable and they are very well done.  Unless you are a machinist yourself, and have ready access to the machines needed to fabricate them (correctly)...you will not find a better deal, especially if you try to hire a shop to do a set on a “one-off” basis.  The parts are FAR more complex than some tube and a hand file can accommodate – they are not just tubes with square holes.

Trust me...this is an area where writing the check is a very good thing.

-James
Berkut/Race 13

Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2015 10:53 PM
Subject: [c-a] Roncz Canard

Hey guys. Looking for an alternate source for the Roncz Canard elevator torque tubes. I know the Cozy Girls sells them but $160 seems steep. The blueprints claim they need to be machined out. Can I not just get some 1" 2024 and file them myself?