Odyssey 680 pickle

Vance Atkinson

Hey guys,

I went out to the plane this morning to go fly and my Odyssey PC 680 was dead...well, almost, it had 5.2 volts left in it.  I was ticked off after doing all the prep for the flight and not being able to go!

This is a puzzlement as I flew it last weekend with no problems, and no, I didn't leave anything "on".  I checked all the usual suspects and came up with nothing as to why it died.

The puzzlement is this battery is only 2.5 years old and not abused. Only gingerly used by a Lil' ol' lady from Pasadena once a year......LOL

I have used this type battery in the past and it usually gets to about 5 years  before crapping out. I did buy this from a discount house which makes me suspicious.

Anyway, scrubbed flight and have a new bat. on the way from ACS.

Vance Atkinson