Re: Odyssey 680 pickle

skovbjerg

That is interesting to me... My 925 has been in the plane now for 7-3/4 years and still going strong as new, never abused but never babied either...
I did not realize that there are reported quality issues with the Odysseys.

Jay

On May 13, 2016, at 14:34, PC uh1cw2@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators-noreply@...> wrote:

I gave up on Odyssey batteries 6 years ago. I replace Three Odyssey 925 batteries in 9 years and decided enough was enough. By the way, I had tenders on the last two 24/7.  I went back to concord 35AXC type. It’s large and powerful.  I have had it in the plane for 6 years without issue. It has enough cranking amps to keep the ignition and all electrical in the plane going for at least 2 hours.  Odyssey batteries are way over rated and cost a lot of money for poor quality and minimum longevity.  Don’t let the bright orange color fool you into believing you’re getting anything special, you’re not!

You are better off with a lawn mower / tractor battery than purchasing an Odyssey.

Just expressing my personal experience with the product.

Respectfully,

Phil Camarda

Long EZ Driver