Re: Long-EZ/COZY/etc. Wing Bolt Retention

Marc J. Zeitlin

David Froble wrote:

As with many things, it's the "idea" or "concept" that is most important.

Precisely.

And I agree, it's a great idea.  However, that clunky piece of metal weighs how much?

It's AL - it's a few oz.

It seems to me that this part is not structural, and could be much more "flimsy".

This particular one could be, yes - it's machined from billet. Redmon's piece is an extrusion, so is lighter.

Perhaps even something removable, just like your chunk of foam?

That wouldn't prevent bolt rotation, which is 1/2 of the purpose of the thing. If you need a second wrench, you need a 2nd person.

Copyright © 2016                     Burnside Aerospace