Re: Copper tube ground

Vance Atkinson

I second that.. Not recommending such a load carrying wire inside the copper or aluminum tube.

Vance Atkinson
EAA Flt and Tech advisor.
COZY N43CZ
VEZ N3LV

On 5/16/2016 10:17 AM, skyeyecorp@... [canard-aviators] wrote:

At one point, that was a fashionable thing to do. It was done that way in my plane by the original builder. I would not do that. I don't believe it saves any weight, there is the potential for any wire to chafe and short out against the copper, in my plane it makes the area around the main gear attach bolts overly crowded against fuel, brake, and other lines. Furthermore, it invites certain wires to be bunched together, when they might be better off with some separation to mitigate against electrical interference. Nope, I wouldn't do it.
--Jose