Re: LEZ Main Gear shudder / Additional torsional plies

jack hohner

---In canard-aviators@..., <jewett_tom@...> wrote :

A HUGE THANK YOU to all who have replied to my post.  Some great thoughts.  To answer the questions that arose:

I like Keith's suggestion that damping may be what we really need.  Any good ideas about how to increase dampng? I don't think I want to put
a Monroe Shock Absorber on each gear leg!

I don't quite follow how Dale's suggestion of adding plies to the bottom will decrease the "gear walk" ability.

Thanks again to all.

Tom Jewett
Long EZ N35TM
Morrison, CO

Tom:
The early RV's with the spring steel round tapered bar used a wood fairing to help dampen.  I used a similar approach for dampening the homemade spring steel gear I built for a little sport plane I designed and built.  It works good.

Jack Hohner
Long EZ
Spokane, WA