Date   

Re: Defiant leaky brakes

Bruce Hughes
 

Bob and Ryszard:

I have always used DOT5 because a friend
nearly lost his Longeze after a landing and
too much braking.   He had some brake fluid
FLOWING out and a fire.   Got a heavy
coat around it.

I have Grove brakes.   Checked with them.
The seals are Viton so I guess it is safe.
Grove will not recommend DOT 5 because
they could get approval (from the FAA ?)
for anything but the dangerous red crap.
There is another FAA mistake/failure.

I wonder how many other buers use DOT 5

Bruce Hughes



----- Original Message -----
From: ryszardzadow@... [canard-aviators]
To: Bob Holliston bob.holliston@... [canard-aviators]
Sent: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 20:51:14 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [c-a] Defiant leaky brakes







Ditto!

https://www.rutanaircraftflyingexperience.org/single-post/2017/02/10/EZ-3-The-story


On Monday, July 8, 2019, 7:47:02 PM CDT, Bob Holliston bob.holliston@... [canard-aviators] wrote:


 


I've never put that flammable red crap in any of my planes and never will. Dot 5 is the only way to go. I have Cleveland's and use 50 cent NAPA O-rings so change them out every 500 hours or so (takes about 15 minutes when changing pads). After that I put a couple of reversible bar clamps between the thigh rest and brake pedal and pump them up to 100 pounds or so. Let sit overnight, next day check for leaks. no leaks ever. So far..... so good. 

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 2:29 PM skyeyecorp@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:
 


Hi John,
My experience is with single puck Clevelands on my LongEz. My brakes use the MS28775 O-rings in a slightly smaller size.. However, I replaced the originally spec'd Buna-N O-rings for Viton O-rings. Viton has superior high heat tolerance. When I did my research, others had reported contacting Parker-Hannifin and the tech there had no issues against using Viton.

Did you verify if the leak is from the O-ring, the bleeder, or the fittings? I suppose you use silicone based brake fluid because it is not hygroscopic and less flammable than the standard aviation 5606 fluid. Maybe that is why you have leaks since the system is designed for the standard fluid, not the DOT5. In my opinion, aircraft should not use DOT5 because it is not compatible (miscible) with the standard red fluid and, if getting help from an A&P away from home base, he may add standard fluid and cause a bad situation for you. I use a less common, but compatible aviation fluid, spec'd as #83282. Its also known as Aeroshell #31 or Rayco #782. It is red, 100% compatible with the standard 5606 aviation brake fluid, but has a much higher flash point.
--Jose


On Sun, Jul 7, 2019, at 2:39 PM, john toelaer johntoelaer@... [canard-aviators] wrote:
  ... but I made a logbook entry that the o-ring is MS28775-222
Now I am ready to fly but one piston is leaking.   I replaced the Ms28775-222 with a new one from aircraft spruce but no joy. ...when I get back to the hangar I had overheated the good brake and it was leaking also.
additional info:
I use dot 5 silicone brake fluid.  Aircraft Spruce sells a Ms28775=222 for 65 cents and also a Parker -Hannefin equivalet for about 20 bucks.  I ordered
both because the cheap one has a speck thickness of 0.125 but the expensive one is 0.139 thick (may be within the + or minus tolerance, don't know)
Any help would be appreciated.
N138EZ





-- 
  






--







RAFE Making History at Oshkosh 2019

Ryszard Zadow
 


 
Rutan Aircraft Flying Experience Oshkosh 2019 Events | July 22 - 2:30pm RAFE Forum at Aeroplane Workshop July 24 - 9am RAFE on EAA Radio Jul

Rutan Aircraft Flying Experience

~ SEE YOU AT OSHKOSH 2019 ~

 

RAFE Making History at Oshkosh 2019

Thursday July 25th

 

AIRCRAFT DISPLAY

at Boeing Square Flight Line and

 

SHOWCASE FLIGHTS!

 

Other RAFE Flights, Forums & Radio Events

Details Below

Rutan Aircraft Flying Experience

Oshkosh 2019 Events

July 22 - 2:30pm RAFE Forum at Aeroplane Workshop

July 24 - 9am RAFE on EAA Radio 

July 25 - Burt Rutan Day

July 25 - RAFE Aircraft Display at Flight Line Boeing Square

July 25 - RAFE SHOWCASE FLIGHTS - see us in Flight!

July 27 - 8:30-9:45am RAFE Future of Rutan Design Symposium at

Forum Stage 5

Rutan Aircraft Flying Experience

has gathered together a

Historic Presentation of each of

Burt Rutan’s home built designs!

Quickie, VariViggen, LongEZ, Varieze, Defiant and Solitaire.

See them all fly along with the Catbird, Boomerang and Starship! 

 

Rutan Aircraft Flying Experience is an IRS approved 501C3 non-profit dedicated to the preservation and promotion of Burt Rutan's homebuilt designs. 

 

Meet us at Oshkosh 2019 and learn about our endeavor to provide support and resources to the Rutan Aircraft Community!

Rutan Aircraft Flying Experience

Flight Line Aircraft Display &

SHOWCASE FLIGHTS

July 25th

RAFE hosts Aircraft Display & Flights

for Burt Rutan Day

Visit Us at the Flight Line in Boeing Square

Please Consider Supporting

Rutan Aircraft Flying Experience!

 

Join our JET A Club and help keep the

Rutan Aircraft Legacy alive!

Every donation makes a difference

‌ Created with Wix.com.‌ Love It?‌ Try It! It's Free.


Re: Defiant leaky brakes

KEN4ZZ
 

Same thing happened to me as well.?? Over hauled calipers in 2017, leaking right brake spring 2017.?? To heck w/ overpriced MS-whatever buna.?? Went w/ Viton.?? OK so far.

Ken


On 7/11/2019 2:25 PM, goofyguy77@... [canard-aviators] wrote:
??

I had a leaky set of caliper O rings myself a few weeks back. It's irritating in that I overhauled the calipers back in 2017 and installed the correct MS series part sourced from Spruce.??(I did install the pistons correctly, not reversed). The only thing I can figure is that these were some defective O rings..so much for certification = quality...

??I already have the plane back in service but was wondering if anyone here has ever thought to try installing the more modern X rings (http://catalog.precisionassoc.com/category/precision-associates-inc-x-ring?? although there are other sources) in lieu of the old style MS series O rings? These have been out since at least the 80s and I first encountered them in high quality motorcycle chain. They work very well at sealing and are similar to caliper seals in most any automotive caliper I have ever opened up.


Calipers are Cleveland 30-9 and I use Aeroshell 5606 A fluid, NEVER DOT5...


///Gene Cockrell


Re: First Flights after Lycoming Install [1 Attachment]

Aviating Fool
 

I used an old cylinder and made glass layups with JB Weld for the epoxy.  Then you can trim them to fit and paint.  Something you can't do with the silicone old style.


Re: Long EZ OSH 40th anniversary shirts

Tom Smith <TRCSmith@...>
 

I want an XL. I fit just fine in mine.



Tom Smith  A&P/IA
Long-EZ N12TS
Cell-707-592-0869
KVCB
KJ6PZN


-----Original Message-----
From: Glen bob gcm2291@... [canard-aviators]
To: canard-aviators
Sent: Thu, Jul 11, 2019 12:48 am
Subject: Re: [c-a] Re: Long EZ OSH 40th anniversary shirts



Who is flying a long that is XL or XXL ? ? !  !  = )

GM




On Jul 10, 2019, at 10:03 PM, Ken Swain ken4zz@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

 
Suggest you check for one of his scheduled appearances and catch him before / after.
On 7/10/2019 7:29 PM, Ryan Kyzar kyzarcozy@... [canard-aviators] wrote:
??
Glad to see several people are interested in the shirts! They don???t arrive until just before I leave for OSH. I made them for the 40th anniversary at OSH, so I want to make sure I have as many as possible there. If I run out, I???ll definitely consider a second order for mail orders. Thanks for understanding.??

Also, does anyone know a way I could get a gift shirt to Burt Rutan at OSH? Also what size he might be. Thanks





Re: Defiant leaky brakes

Marc J. Zeitlin
 

Gene Cockrell wrote :

>... It's irritating in that I overhauled the calipers back in 2017...

> The only thing I can figure is that these were some defective O rings..so much for certification = quality...


So if your caliper bore is scored, it will damage the O-ring over time. It may not be the O-Ring's fault.


-- 

Marc J. Zeitlin                      marc_zeitlin@...
                                            http://www.cozybuilders.org/
Copyright © 2019                     Burnside Aerospace


Re: Defiant leaky brakes

Gene
 

I had a leaky set of caliper O rings myself a few weeks back. It's irritating in that I overhauled the calipers back in 2017 and installed the correct MS series part sourced from Spruce. (I did install the pistons correctly, not reversed). The only thing I can figure is that these were some defective O rings..so much for certification = quality...

 I already have the plane back in service but was wondering if anyone here has ever thought to try installing the more modern X rings (http://catalog.precisionassoc.com/category/precision-associates-inc-x-ring  although there are other sources) in lieu of the old style MS series O rings? These have been out since at least the 80s and I first encountered them in high quality motorcycle chain. They work very well at sealing and are similar to caliper seals in most any automotive caliper I have ever opened up.


Calipers are Cleveland 30-9 and I use Aeroshell 5606 A fluid, NEVER DOT5...


///Gene Cockrell


Re: Long EZ OSH 40th anniversary shirts

Greg Gullikson
 

Thanks Joe. Not all EZ flyers/builders have slight physiques.  I have been in my EZ enough to know I fit fine. 😜


On Jul 11, 2019, at 11:29 AM, ezejoe@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

 

Burt will take an XL shirt size.

-Joe Person


Re: Long EZ OSH 40th anniversary shirts

Joe Person
 

Burt will take an XL shirt size.

-Joe Person


Re: Last Call- Oshkosh Tuesday Night Dinner

cozygirrrl
 

Thanks Bill!

2, Bill James, bill@..., no phone does not want to be called if event moved or cancelled

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill James bill@... [canard-aviators]
To: canard-aviators
Sent: Thu, Jul 11, 2019 9:03 am
Subject: Re: [c-a] Last Call- Oshkosh Tuesday Night Dinner

 
Bill James 2, Bill and Hudson. Thanks


On Jul 8, 2019, at 10:16 AM, DON JONES djonesdnd@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

 
I'm in, along with a friend. Don Jones & Rob Bond C U there. Excited to see that Truck Camper Emoji

On Monday, July 8, 2019, 9:16:38 AM CDT, CozyGirrrl@aol..com [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:


 
Last call....we have over 110 people signed up, don't miss this event!
...after the 11th we may be out of touch

    Cozy Girrrls 1st Annual Early Birds Jambalaya Jam
===========================================
 This is a CSA/RAFE group event for Canard Enthusiasts
 
Its that time again!
If you are coming to Osh and are going to be there early in the week (Tuesday) and hoping to
connect with other canardians, this is it!
 
WHAT's FOR DINNER:
Jambalaya is a Cajun/Creole dish, it is made in a huge cast iron kettle, it is
mildly to somewhat spicy-NOT HOT. Chicken, pork, sausage, veg and rice.
Probably have a side of coleslaw and....?
Hint: it goes well with beer.
  
LOCATION:
We will be at our campsite on North Doolittle providing we get our usual spot
otherwise we will put out the word via grapevine where we will be located,
as always look for the little red truck. Pictures of truck and map at bottom.
 
WHEN:
Tuesday July 23rd, social hour begins around 5PM BYOBeer
 
$5 "donation" per person, PLEASE bring a chair this year!
 
RSVP:
...this is a test, based on previous years RSVP responses we have determined 70%
of you either drink a lot when using your computer or your skills at following the
simplest of written instructions are questionable, even if they come with M drawings.
We wish to thank the remaining 30% for making our lives easier.
So, if you are coming to the dinner, please send us an RSVP with a one line response:
 
Please do it like this:
 
# of people, name(s), email, cell

EXAMPLE:
 
2, Chrissi, Randi, CozyGirrrl@..., 867-5309
 
That way there will be enough food and beverage, you wouldn't want to run out would you?
There is a threshold where we may need to make a 2nd pot, so real numbers are important.
 
IMPORTANT:
1. If you RSVP, please make sure you receive a Thank You! email from us within 48 hours.
2. Picnic tables are probably not available so bring a chair if you are able to scrounge one.
3. No vehicles, there is absolutely no parking available, you must park in the BLUE lot and walk.
4. Bicycles, golf carts, strollers etc must be off the road and not on our neighbors campsites.
5. We do not know of anyone who will be donating alcohol so feel free to BYOB or pass a hat and make a run to Walmart.
6. =Please, no animals!= ,we LOVE animals, just not when & where we are preparing and serving food.
7. If you RSVP in the 10 days before Airventure you will probably not receive an acknowledgement from us.
8. This has been a very wet Spring & Summer so far, count on mosquitoes! Spray yourself.
 
You will need your chair and maybe a blanket for the movie next door, schedule says
Tuesday, July 23: Planes: Fire and Rescue (Cartoon)
This sequel to 2013’s Planes takes us into the world of aerial firefighting as Dusty Crophopper gets
fitted with a water tank and amphibious floats, and gets to work.
This animated Pixar feature features a star-studded voice cast, and nonstop aviation.

.... or stick around and socialize!
 
Our trusty band of well trained and highly skilled volunteers look forward to seeing you all there!
 
The "Little Red Truck" for those who were looking for a red mini-pickup last year:
Secret location of dinner:

 
 




Re: Last Call- Oshkosh Tuesday Night Dinner

Bill James
 

Bill James 2, Bill and Hudson. Thanks


On Jul 8, 2019, at 10:16 AM, DON JONES djonesdnd@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

 

I'm in, along with a friend. Don Jones & Rob Bond C U there. Excited to see that Truck Camper Emoji

On Monday, July 8, 2019, 9:16:38 AM CDT, CozyGirrrl@aol..com [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:


 

Last call....we have over 110 people signed up, don't miss this event!
...after the 11th we may be out of touch

    Cozy Girrrls 1st Annual Early Birds Jambalaya Jam
===========================================
 This is a CSA/RAFE group event for Canard Enthusiasts
 
Its that time again!
If you are coming to Osh and are going to be there early in the week (Tuesday) and hoping to
connect with other canardians, this is it!
 
WHAT's FOR DINNER:
Jambalaya is a Cajun/Creole dish, it is made in a huge cast iron kettle, it is
mildly to somewhat spicy-NOT HOT. Chicken, pork, sausage, veg and rice.
Probably have a side of coleslaw and....?
Hint: it goes well with beer.
  
LOCATION:
We will be at our campsite on North Doolittle providing we get our usual spot
otherwise we will put out the word via grapevine where we will be located,
as always look for the little red truck. Pictures of truck and map at bottom.
 
WHEN:
Tuesday July 23rd, social hour begins around 5PM BYOBeer
 
$5 "donation" per person, PLEASE bring a chair this year!
 
RSVP:
...this is a test, based on previous years RSVP responses we have determined 70%
of you either drink a lot when using your computer or your skills at following the
simplest of written instructions are questionable, even if they come with M drawings.
We wish to thank the remaining 30% for making our lives easier.
So, if you are coming to the dinner, please send us an RSVP with a one line response:
 
Please do it like this:
 
# of people, name(s), email, cell

EXAMPLE:
 
2, Chrissi, Randi, CozyGirrrl@..., 867-5309
 
That way there will be enough food and beverage, you wouldn't want to run out would you?
There is a threshold where we may need to make a 2nd pot, so real numbers are important.
 
IMPORTANT:
1. If you RSVP, please make sure you receive a Thank You! email from us within 48 hours.
2. Picnic tables are probably not available so bring a chair if you are able to scrounge one.
3. No vehicles, there is absolutely no parking available, you must park in the BLUE lot and walk.
4. Bicycles, golf carts, strollers etc must be off the road and not on our neighbors campsites.
5. We do not know of anyone who will be donating alcohol so feel free to BYOB or pass a hat and make a run to Walmart.
6. =Please, no animals!= ,we LOVE animals, just not when & where we are preparing and serving food.
7. If you RSVP in the 10 days before Airventure you will probably not receive an acknowledgement from us.
8. This has been a very wet Spring & Summer so far, count on mosquitoes! Spray yourself.
 
You will need your chair and maybe a blanket for the movie next door, schedule says
Tuesday, July 23: Planes: Fire and Rescue (Cartoon)
This sequel to 2013’s Planes takes us into the world of aerial firefighting as Dusty Crophopper gets
fitted with a water tank and amphibious floats, and gets to work.
This animated Pixar feature features a star-studded voice cast, and nonstop aviation.

.... or stick around and socialize!
 
Our trusty band of well trained and highly skilled volunteers look forward to seeing you all there!
 
The "Little Red Truck" for those who were looking for a red mini-pickup last year:
<Osh7.jpg>
Secret location of dinner:
<kamp_kozy.bmp>

 
 


<Osh7.jpg>
<kamp_kozy.bmp>


Re: Long EZ OSH 40th anniversary shirts

Glenn Charles
 

Who is flying a long that is XL or XXL ? ? !  !  = )

GM




On Jul 10, 2019, at 10:03 PM, Ken Swain ken4zz@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

 

Suggest you check for one of his scheduled appearances and catch him before / after.

On 7/10/2019 7:29 PM, Ryan Kyzar kyzarcozy@... [canard-aviators] wrote:
??
Glad to see several people are interested in the shirts! They don???t arrive until just before I leave for OSH. I made them for the 40th anniversary at OSH, so I want to make sure I have as many as possible there. If I run out, I???ll definitely consider a second order for mail orders. Thanks for understanding.??

Also, does anyone know a way I could get a gift shirt to Burt Rutan at OSH? Also what size he might be. Thanks



Re: First Flights after Lycoming Install

Keith Spreuer
 

Could we do lunch? Terri likes a leisurely Sunday morning. 
Keith

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019, 4:16 PM David Kissick geckoinc99@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:
 

Forgot to ask about a time. I wouldn’t do super early (some members don’t get moving quickly). I was thinking 9:00AM since it seems to be a good breakfast place. 

David Kissick


On Jul 10, 2019, at 4:08 PM, aviatingfool@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

 

I called Vans to ask about buying one of their kits to modify.  Was late Friday and nobody was really interested in answering some questions so I let it go and got started myself.  By Monday morning I'd made everything I would have bought and was down to the rear that was unique.  Made cardboard templates until they fit and then in metal.  Pretty happy with results.

<5-2015 Engine.jpg>


Re: Long EZ OSH 40th anniversary shirts

KEN4ZZ
 

Suggest you check for one of his scheduled appearances and catch him before / after.

On 7/10/2019 7:29 PM, Ryan Kyzar kyzarcozy@... [canard-aviators] wrote:
??
Glad to see several people are interested in the shirts! They don???t arrive until just before I leave for OSH. I made them for the 40th anniversary at OSH, so I want to make sure I have as many as possible there. If I run out, I???ll definitely consider a second order for mail orders. Thanks for understanding.??

Also, does anyone know a way I could get a gift shirt to Burt Rutan at OSH? Also what size he might be. Thanks



Re: First Flights after Lycoming Install [1 Attachment]

KEN4ZZ
 

Nice - very clean.?? Save those paper templates.?? Is that epoxy fiberglass or silicone laminated fiberglass on the cylinder fins?

Ken

On 7/10/2019 6:08 PM, aviatingfool@... [canard-aviators] wrote:
??

I called Vans to ask about buying one of their kits to modify.?? Was late Friday and nobody was really interested in answering some questions so I let it go and got started myself.?? By Monday morning I'd made everything I would have bought and was down to the rear that was unique.?? Made cardboard templates until they fit and then in metal.?? Pretty happy with results.


Re: Long EZ OSH 40th anniversary shirts

Ryan Kyzar
 

Glad to see several people are interested in the shirts! They don’t arrive until just before I leave for OSH. I made them for the 40th anniversary at OSH, so I want to make sure I have as many as possible there. If I run out, I’ll definitely consider a second order for mail orders. Thanks for understanding. 

Also, does anyone know a way I could get a gift shirt to Burt Rutan at OSH? Also what size he might be. Thanks!

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 18:32 Greg Gullikson gegullikson@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:
 

I won’t be at Oshkosh this year but I would sure like to buy a couple of those shirts in XL or XXL!

Let me know if doable and will send you the funds. 

Greg 


On Jul 9, 2019, at 3:15 PM, Ryan Kyzar kyzarcozy@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

 

I ordered the shirts! I did a pretty limited run (36), but if I sell out and there is still demand I might make more. Sizes S-2XL The shirt is a Bella & Canvas brand cotton/poly blend in blue heather color. It’s the next step up from the Gildan shirts I used for the Cozy shirts I made. 

The shirts will be at Oshkosh, either look for me wearing one, or I’ll be at the canard jambalaya. Asking a $20 “suggested donation”, all proceeds go to building my kids a tree house. I’ll let you know after OSH if any are still available for order. 

See you there!

Ryan Kyzar




On Thu, Jul 4, 2019 at 19:33 Ryan Kyzar <kyzarcozy@...> wrote:
I'm considering printing these shirts to bring to OSH. Let me know what you think.

(I saw that a couple of other people are also making shirts, this is just a design idea I had and wanted to see if enough people would want to buy it.)

Thanks!
Ryan Kyzar 



Re: First Flights after Lycoming Install

David K
 

Sorry, this was suppose to go to someone. Email changed the address. 

David Kissick


On Jul 10, 2019, at 4:16 PM, David Kissick geckoinc99@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

 

Forgot to ask about a time. I wouldn’t do super early (some members don’t get moving quickly). I was thinking 9:00AM since it seems to be a good breakfast place. 

David Kissick


On Jul 10, 2019, at 4:08 PM, aviatingfool@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

 

I called Vans to ask about buying one of their kits to modify.  Was late Friday and nobody was really interested in answering some questions so I let it go and got started myself.  By Monday morning I'd made everything I would have bought and was down to the rear that was unique.  Made cardboard templates until they fit and then in metal.  Pretty happy with results.

<5-2015 Engine.jpg>


Re: First Flights after Lycoming Install [1 Attachment]

David K
 

Forgot to ask about a time. I wouldn’t do super early (some members don’t get moving quickly). I was thinking 9:00AM since it seems to be a good breakfast place. 

David Kissick


On Jul 10, 2019, at 4:08 PM, aviatingfool@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

 

I called Vans to ask about buying one of their kits to modify.  Was late Friday and nobody was really interested in answering some questions so I let it go and got started myself.  By Monday morning I'd made everything I would have bought and was down to the rear that was unique.  Made cardboard templates until they fit and then in metal.  Pretty happy with results.

<5-2015 Engine.jpg>


Re: First Flights after Lycoming Install

Aviating Fool
 

I called Vans to ask about buying one of their kits to modify.  Was late Friday and nobody was really interested in answering some questions so I let it go and got started myself.  By Monday morning I'd made everything I would have bought and was down to the rear that was unique.  Made cardboard templates until they fit and then in metal.  Pretty happy with results.


Re: First Flights after Lycoming Install

Keith Spreuer
 

Yeah that aft baffle was funny. I was just ready to start on it and this guy dropped by to chat. He had done my friends so half kidding I asked what he would charge. He said hmmm $150. I said start tomorrow.  Well after it took 6 weeks I paid 500 and still consider it well worth it


On Wed, Jul 10, 2019, 6:23 AM skyeyecorp@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:
 

Congrats on getting back in the air after such intense re-work. Sounds like you're getting great performance. Of all the work I've done on my LongEz, fabricating my aftmost engine baffle and "negotiating" a test area with my local FSDO have been the most challenging so far. Glad that's behind me now.
--Jose



On Tue, Jul 9, 2019, at 5:19 PM, Keith Spreuer kspreuer@... [canard-aviators] wrote:
  It was 5 months and 5 days from Subaru dead stick at Fullerton airport to first flight with my Lycoming O-360. WOW it was a pretty intensive project.
...
Made a second flight yesterday over the Phase I area that I negotiated with the FAA. I now have 1.5 of my 5 hrs done. No squawks at all on second flight. CHTs in cruise 2500, 7500', 70 oat (I figure that's comparable to 92 at sea level) topped at 409 with leaning to lean of peak. Rich of peak they dropped to the 380s. So I think the baffling still needs tightening up. 
I ought to have the phase I done next week end. I still have a lot of clean up and paint to do but extremely glad to have it flying again.
Keith
N91KS
Cozy IV SN 018



5381 - 5400 of 110449