Topics

2 blade wood prop

Greg Norman

I have a buddy very disappointed in the performance of his new wood prop for his Franklin powered Stinson. I mentioned there are a lot of canards with wood props and I'd ask the group for a good source.
Who shall he inquire for a good wood prop for his Stinson?

Greg Norman

skovbjerg

Without knowing if Dr. Watson at E16, San Martin, CA makes propellers anymore, it is worth a try. He is a certified Shop and specialized in antiques. Otherwise, Catto, Sensenich
Jay Skovbjerg

On May 29, 2020, at 17:27, Greg Norman <gnorm76@...> wrote:

I have a buddy very disappointed in the performance of his new wood prop for his Franklin powered Stinson. I mentioned there are a lot of canards with wood props and I'd ask the group for a good source.
Who shall he inquire for a good wood prop for his Stinson?

Greg Norman

Neil K

Have a look at Culver Props.

On May 29, 2020, at 10:57 PM, skovbjerg <skovbjerg@...> wrote:

Without knowing if Dr. Watson at E16, San Martin, CA makes propellers anymore, it is worth a try. He is a certified Shop and specialized in antiques. Otherwise, Catto, Sensenich
Jay Skovbjerg

On May 29, 2020, at 17:27, Greg Norman <gnorm76@...> wrote:

I have a buddy very disappointed in the performance of his new wood prop for his Franklin powered Stinson. I mentioned there are a lot of canards with wood props and I'd ask the group for a good source.
Who shall he inquire for a good wood prop for his Stinson?

Greg Norman

Greg, We have the old Propeller shop from Bruce Tift, and still make an occasional prop, and also have the ability to CNC carve a new one.  I don't pursue making props commercially anymore, but I would be happy to speak with your friend and see what might be possible.
Ross

--
Thank You!
Ross Burk

Terry Schubert

 Is there any issue when running a non certified prop on the certified airframe?  It is my understanding that FAA airframe type certificates list what props are OK to use on specific airframes.

Terry Schubert
Central States Association Newsletter Editor Emeritus

[...]

Tom Smith

Terry, you are correct. Just waiting for someone to bring that up.

Tom Smith  A&P/IA
Long-EZ N12TS
Cell-707-592-0869
KVCB
KJ6PZN

[...]

Thanks for verification.  There is some sort of replacement  parts procedure for antiques that don't have approved suppliers but Sensenich may be the only one who has such approval.  The market probably  isn't big enough to support anybody else to go through the approval requirements .

[...]

Glenn Charles

The "Silver Bullet". Is made by Gary Hertzel in Arizona.

GM

On May 29, 2020, at 7:26 PM, Greg Norman <gnorm76@...> wrote:

I have a buddy very disappointed in the performance of his new wood prop for his Franklin powered Stinson. I mentioned there are a lot of canards with wood props and I'd ask the group for a good source.
Who shall he inquire for a good wood prop for his Stinson?

Greg Norman

Joe Person

Will one of Gary’s props meet (and be shown/found to meet) the requirements of the Type Certificate for the airplane?

-Joe Person

On Jun 19, 2020, at 8:40 AM, Glenn Charles via groups.io <gcm2291@...> wrote:

The "Silver Bullet". Is made by Gary Hertzel in Arizona.

GM

On May 29, 2020, at 7:26 PM, Greg Norman <gnorm76@...> wrote:

I have a buddy very disappointed in the performance of his new wood prop for his Franklin powered Stinson. I mentioned there are a lot of canards with wood props and I'd ask the group for a good source.
Who shall he inquire for a good wood prop for his Stinson?

Greg Norman

Glenn Charles

Strictly experimental.

You might also try :