To: Cozy Builders ; Canard Aviators
Sent: Fri, Nov 11, 2016 9:14 pm
Subject: COZY: Stippling

I have been building my Cozy MKIV with MGS 335 epoxy the entire time.  All this time, I never got the hang of stippling... it never worked for me.  I always had much better luck with a squeegee and a hair dryer, sometimes using a pick to fix some small air bubbles.

Now that I'm building the strakes (the fuel tanks).... I'm using EZ 10 Resin with EZ 87 hardener.  My first layup with the brown stuff.. and I actually do like the smell.  It smells real.

Anyway, I tried stippling tonight... Oh.. my... gosh... stippling really works with EZ Poxy!    It doesn't work that well, for me, with MGS.  It always made things worse.  I think the plans were developed, including stippling, with a thicker epoxy like EZ Poxy.

Andrew Anunson

Greg Norman

Same here. The MGS 285 has a better working viscosity but I'm not paying for that stuff. I think if I did it again I'd try EZ poxy as well.

On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 9:01 AM, CozyGirrrl@... [canard-aviators] <canard-aviators@...> wrote:

I think we stopped stippling around chapter 3

Chrissi
CG Products

I have been building my Cozy MKIV with MGS 335 epoxy the entire time.  All this time, I never got the hang of stippling... it never worked for me.  I always had much better luck with a squeegee and a hair dryer, sometimes using a pick to fix some small air bubbles.

Now that I'm building the strakes (the fuel tanks).... I'm using EZ 10 Resin with EZ 87 hardener.  My first layup with the brown stuff.. and I actually do like the smell.  It smells real.

Anyway, I tried stippling tonight... Oh.. my... gosh... stippling really works with EZ Poxy!    It doesn't work that well, for me, with MGS.  It always made things worse.  I think the plans were developed, including stippling, with a thicker epoxy like EZ Poxy.

Andrew Anunson

Izzy

I stopped using MGS 7 years ago due to a lot of reports of bad allergic reactions to it.  There are also reprints of reactions to EZ Poxy too, but nothing as violent and MGS victims.

I am a stippler for safety :p

Izzy