COZY: Raw Epoxy Fill for Elevators and Ailerons

diver32533

It's been my experience that paint does not fill pin holes with any success. I would fill with raw epoxy and squeegee good.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: 'Andrew Anunson' via COZY Builders Mailing List <cozy_builders@...>
Date: 02/01/2020 1:28 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: COZY Builders Mailing List <cozy_builders@...>, Canard Aviators <canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io>
Subject: COZY: Raw Epoxy Fill for Elevators and Ailerons

I have a few small pinholes in the micro fill on the ailerons and elevators (see attached photo).  On the rest of the plane, I've used raw epoxy fill for the pinholes.  Do we use the raw epoxy technique on the ailerons and elevators, or will this make them out of balance?  Perhaps these pinholes are small enough to be hidden by paint....

Thanks,
Andrew Anunson
Cozy MKIV #1273
Chapter 25
Pound, VA

sharmon32

Ailerons can be really hard to balance I would add nothing till I knew for sure they balance. I sanded moved the metal bar and basically redid my ailerons 3 times till I got them to balance 

Loving life in Idaho  
where living poor on the farm beats being rich in the city

On Feb 1, 2020, at 12:59 PM, diver32533 <diver32533@...> wrote:

It's been my experience that paint does not fill pin holes with any success. I would fill with raw epoxy and squeegee good.

To: COZY Builders Mailing List <cozy_builders@...>, Canard Aviators <canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io>

I have a few small pinholes in the micro fill on the ailerons and elevators (see attached photo).  On the rest of the plane, I've used raw epoxy fill for the pinholes.  Do we use the raw epoxy technique on the ailerons and elevators, or will this make them out of balance?  Perhaps these pinholes are small enough to be hidden by paint....

Thanks,
Andrew Anunson
Cozy MKIV #1273
Chapter 25
Pound, VA

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "COZY Builders Mailing List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to cozy_builders+unsubscribe@....
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cozy_builders/0e1kaeuql2qpxgiv0ntsk6g3.1580587190555%40email.android.com.

Andrew Anunson

Thank You!

On Saturday, February 1, 2020, 02:59:58 PM EST, diver32533 <diver32533@...> wrote:

Thanks,
Andrew Anunson
Cozy MKIV #1273
Chapter 25
Pound, VA