COZY: Raw Epoxy Fill for Elevators and Ailerons

diver32533

It's been my experience that paint does not fill pin holes with any success. I would fill with raw epoxy and squeegee good.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 02/01/2020 1:28 PM (GMT-06:00)
Subject: COZY: Raw Epoxy Fill for Elevators and Ailerons

I have a few small pinholes in the micro fill on the ailerons and elevators (see attached photo).  On the rest of the plane, I've used raw epoxy fill for the pinholes.  Do we use the raw epoxy technique on the ailerons and elevators, or will this make them out of balance?  Perhaps these pinholes are small enough to be hidden by paint....

Thanks,
Andrew Anunson
Cozy MKIV #1273
Chapter 25
Pound, VA

sharmon32

Ailerons can be really hard to balance I would add nothing till I knew for sure they balance. I sanded moved the metal bar and basically redid my ailerons 3 times till I got them to balance

Loving life in Idaho
where living poor on the farm beats being rich in the city