broken airflow elbow

Vance Atkinson

Marc  (you are one lucky SOB that the engine kept running...GOOD job, hope you luck-bucket is not empty)

All..

I was one of the first ones if not the first to use Don's Airflow Performance  fuel injection sys. on my cozyIII Lyc 0320.  Yes we had some problems. I trashed two units Due to excessive engine vibrations.  To me it ran smooth, but pretty soon it wouldn't idle correctly and sent it back.  Don sez the diaphragm and needle seat were trashed, he fixed it for free.   Then it happened again, and he fixed it for free.  The third time it happened he said cant keep doing this..He explained he had to calibrate the whole system after replacing the parts.  I said as far as what I could feel in the air-frame, it ran smooth.

So you will notice in the picture there is a rubber isolator he came up with and it solved the problem.  I think that Marc's view of the whole unit cantilevered out the way it is caused part of the problem, if not all.  I have had the system as shown for over 2200 hours and still going.  You might notice the aluminum spacer I used to lower the whole arraignment.  Being a critical component I had a certified welding shop make it and I checked it for cracks frequently...for years, less as time went on. It's still holding up.  I see Don is making all sorts of adapters and extenders now.

Sorry to hear you got the last casting on earth Marc.  For that problem I have one that fits the Lyc 0360 that I've had for years and am pretty sure I wont be needing it.  Will sell it, if anyone needs one or a spare.  Picture is below with measurements,  Call or Email

Vance Atkinson

817 296 1940

skovbjerg

Should anyone be in need for such an elbow including the rubber shock absorber, I have a new set sitting on the shelf.
Special price for you Sir!
Jay
Cozy III

On Aug 17, 2022, at 08:55, Vance Atkinson <nostromo56@...> wrote:

[...]