Topics

[Canard Forum] COZY: Re: Discussion of Deep Stall Resistance Determination

Marc J. Zeitlin

David Kissick wrote:

How about this one.  It apparently was an appendix to General Aviation Aircraft Design.  Looks like it has some wind tunnel tests on a canard with CL graphs for canard vs total aircraft.

That isn't what I was looking for, but it's one I haven't seen previously and looks to have a lot of good info in it. Still searching for the original request, but thanks a bunch for this one - I think it'll be very useful!

Mike Tooze

Marc,
What you might be looking for may be a figure that we had some discussion about many moons ago.
IIRR It showed a succession of canard AoA v loading curves with a single line that I supposed at the time represented the main wing loading.
What it didn't show (extrapolate to) was the area where the wing (AoA) 'gives out' (stalls) before the canard (AoA ).
In other words it just illustrated the safe aspects of the canard as set up for the Ezes but did not go as far as the deep stall point/area.
My memory is probably not too well performing either, I haven't searched for the article yet but will look though my stuff if its's likely what you are looking for.

Question is - am I/we talking of the same figure?

Mike Tooze

Mike Tooze wrote:

IIRR It showed a succession of canard AoA v loading curves with a single line that I supposed at the time represented the main wing loading. What it didn't show (extrapolate to) was the area where the wing (AoA) 'gives out' (stalls) before the canard (AoA ).

That sounds extremely familiar.

My memory is probably not too well performing either, I haven't searched for the article yet but will look though my stuff if its's likely what you are looking for.

Question is - am I/we talking of the same figure?

I believe we are, and I'd really appreciate it if you can find it. That would be great!

Thanks.