cheap wheel Bearings

Vance Atkinson

One of our builders contacted me about the post on significantly cheaper wheel bearings posting.  He researched the product and said they are made in China.  SO ! Be aware of the manufacture of a product and act accordingly.

Vance Atkinson

Ryszard Zadow

Ummm. A while back I walked into Houston Bearing looking for bearings for my Hughes helicopter. I told the guy behind the counter I wanted the best bearings available, not Chinese junk. He looked at me and said “Dude, all bearings these days come from China” I  settled for SKFs and later found out he was only partially correct.

< SKF: The company is the world's largest bearing manufacturer; it seized a 12.4% global market share in 2014; it has five bearing production bases in China(separately located in ShanghaiBeijingDalianJinan, and Pinghu). The company signed S2M magnetic bearings supply contract with Shenyang Blower Works Group (SBW) in Dec 2014, and won SEK150 millionworth of bearing supply order from Chongqing Gearbox Co., Ltd. in Jan 2015, thus boosting its share in the Chinese wind power gearbox market.>

That’s from a 2014 report;

I’m sure it’s gotten worse now. Timken’s are made in China

It’s the world we live in.

Ryszard