Topics

|-< **** Clarifications on the New c-a list **** >-|

C. W. Wright <wright@...>

Hi Everyone,

A couple of questions/misunderstanding have come up regarding the
Canard-Aviators list.
First, the list has *not* been sold to anyone and
certainly not sold to Yahoo. The only thing Yahoo is doing is providing
us with free use of their "egroups" service. They do not own the list
and do not have use of the list to send you junk-email.

Second, you do not have to join yahoo to continue to be a member
of the canard-aviators list. You can continue to use the list via your
email just as you always have. **IF** you want to use some of the
enhanced features such as a) searching the archives, b) viewing and
adding-to the new calendar-of-events, c) change how your canard-aviators
messages arrive, d) View your canard-aviators messages when you are away
from home, then you will need to join yahoo groups so you can access
things using your web browser. Once again, you *do not* need to join to
continue to send and receive canard-aviators messages; only to used
extended new features.

Third, The old list on my server is still intact and you may from
time to time receive a canard-aviators message from it.

Fourth, You may receive list messages showing either egroups.com
or yahoogroups.com. The short answer is that yahoo bought egroups and
they are still changing names and things. They *did not* buy
Canard-Aviators; we're just using their free service.

Fifth, Important email/web addresses you should know:

Post message: canard-aviators@...
Subscribe: canard-aviators-subscribe@...

Sixth, This change was made to try and provide better service and
more features to canard-aviators members and, at the same time, reduce the
work load for the moderators and for me. This list requires a bunch of
work. The moderators and I each donate at least an hour or more per day
taking care of the moderation, switching people's email addresses,
deleting abandoned email accounts, and answering questions about this or
that. I'm not certain things are better yet, but please hang in there
with us while we figure out what we can and cannot do with the new list
server.

Safe Flights!
W. Wright

John Bullens <jbullens@...>

Wayne since you are working with the list can you change my email addree
from jbullens@... to flyboy_40461@... much appreciated

John

wright@...

HI Peter,

I can unsubscribe you and then perhaps you can re-subscribe. I
think they have some real bugs in the system though. When it was
just egroups, it seemed to work better. This yahoo group stuff is
annoying for sure.

Best regards,
-Wayne

--- In canard-aviators@y..., Peter Jensen <magical@n...> wrote:

**IF** you want to use some of the
enhanced features such as a) searching the archives, b) viewing
and
adding-to the new calendar-of-events, c) change how your
canard-aviators
messages arrive, d) View your canard-aviators messages when you are
away
from home, then you will need to join yahoo groups so you can
access
things using your web browser. Once again, you *do not* need to
join to
continue to send and receive canard-aviators messages; only to used
extended new features.

I've attemtped to point out -- this appears to **not** be correct.

I **tried** to register on yahoo!, and got the following message:

Hello,

You recently asked to join the canard-aviators group.
Because you are already a member of this group, your request will
not be processed.

If you have questions about communicating with this group,
please send an email to egroups-support@y...

Thank you!

Yahoo! Groups Customer Care

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms

Now, just to be exact about this, what I did was follow the onscreen
wizard to register for egroups, as you indicated in your email we
need to
do. Obviously, for me at least, this didn't work, and I have NO
access
to the browser based version.

Peter Jensen
Canardian-to-be