COZY: Canard noise and Exhaust pipes Why is my Cozy so noisy?

Marc J. Zeitlin

Del Schier wrote:

I had also wondered if scalloping the exhaust pipes would reduce noise....

I have been told my Cozy is the noisiest airplane at my airpark...

What propeller do you have on the plane? A customer's COZY had a 3-blade Performance Prop, and the plane sounded like a damn Harrier - it was absurd, both in and out. After switching to a 2-blade Hertzler Silver Bullet, it got SUBSTANTIALLY quieter, both in and out. IIRC, the cruise performance improved as well.

Del Schier

Marc, It is a Hertzler, you actually flew my prop on your airplane testing it for Gary.

Del