Topics

COZY: Exhaust pipe slip joints

Del Schier

I had the opposite problem, my slip joints on the exhaust were loose with one of the joints showing exhaust stains.  I used a Harbor Freight tail pipe expander which helped.

Medium Tail Pipe Expander (harborfreight.com)

The one that was leaking the most was the one nearest the cabin heat muff.  I don’t usually need the cabin heat but the other day I was pleased to see my CO monitor reading zero.

TIP: Lube the tool up better before you use it.

Del Schier

Cozy IV N197DL

Cannon Creek Airpark 15FL