Cozy: Insurable - (liability insurance)

Andrew Anunson

Last week I wrote:
Got bad news....

Falcon could not find liability insurance for my 2022 Cozy MKIV through any of the underwriters.
Avemco will not write a policy that includes bodily injury (a requirement in Virginia).

It turns out that I am able to get Liability including Bodily Injury (just doesn't include bodily injury for anyone in the plane) through Avemco.  This was a misunderstanding from a phone conversation.
So... I will be able to meet the requirement for insurance in order to register my Cozy MKIV in Virginia.

Interesting Note:  to get insurance on a Cozy through Falcon, we need between 250 and 500 hours total time.  The Falcon agent said they only require 150TT (and no IFR) for a Long-EZ.

Rates:
Falcon (no options with 160TT)
Avemco:  $550k cost $560 per year, $1mil cost $760 per year

For owners that are REQUIRED to get liability insurance, thank goodness Avemco is offering it at these rates.

Andrew Anunson
Cozy MKIV #1273
Pound, VA

Scott Fish

Avemco should be EAA’s insurance endorsement, and get rid of Falcon.

Just my 2 cents, but I’m not connected to their management.

SF

On Sep 6, 2022, at 4:01 PM, Andrew Anunson via groups.io <macleodm3@...> wrote:

Last week I wrote:
[...]

Jim Evans

Good for you Andrew. They have handled mine for maybe 30 years now. Luckily no claims.
Jim

On Tue, Sep 6, 2022, 17:01 Andrew Anunson via groups.io <macleodm3=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Last week I wrote:
[...]

skybob8

Just renewed liability and medical (no hull coverage) and figured that my cost would go up like everything else in the country has done but nope, stayed the same as it has for the last couple years. $1M liability and $500K medical I pay $496. Per year and that’s at age 73 and with 235+ hrs in type.

Last week I wrote:
[...]

Just renewed the liability/medical on my EZ. $1M liability and $500k medical (no hull coverage) for $496 per year. This has been the same cost for the last 2-3 years. At age 73 and only 235+ hrs in type I feel this isn’t a bad cost.