COZY: Manual Retract Drafty

kent ashton

I think a good way is to seal the nose gear door, if you have one, so the NG door closes off the whole nose gear box.   Generally, retract the nose gear, glue some wood strips in the nose gear box that lightly seal the door and the box, add some foam weather-stripping that compresses for a tighter seal.   Around the pivot, I have rubber-foam in the gaps
-kent

Spent a little time at the hangar today sealing up winter drafts in the nose of my Cozy today, but not sure how to address the hole in F-22 that I had to create for the EZ-Noselift manual backup system.   Has anybody got a successful solution to preventing air from coming through this penetration?

Thanks,
Andrew Anunson
Cozy MKIV #1273 (30 hours)
Pound, VA