Topics

Cozy W&B

Greg Norman

Today I was told by a very good longEZ flyer that his plane flies at a 1 to 1.5 degree nose up and that is how he did his weight and balance.
My Cozy 4 with the longerons level will be very different in nose weight than 1 to 1.5 degrees nose high. This significantly moves my nose gear forward.
So anyone know the proper protocol to set up a Cozy for weight and balance?

Greg Norman
540 Cozy MkIV

skovbjerg

Greg,
Your very good LEZ friend did not follow protocol!
What ever pitch angle you fly has nothing to do with how you determine c/g or w/b!
Fundamentally, the plane must be level to whatever level reference has been established for the plane. For Cozys and LEZs that is the top longeron.
Jay Skovbjerg