Dynon D10A screen replacement

Neil Clayton

A while ago my Dynon D10A screen developed a “smudge” in the centre which got worse over time. I was able to buy a replacement screen (not from Dynon) for a couple of hundred dollars but I don’t recall where I bought it.

Now that one’s gone west and I need to replace it again.

Anyone got an idea where I might source a replacement?

Thanks
Neil

Neil Clayton

A while ago my Dynon D10A screen developed a “smudge” in the centre which got worse over time. I was able to buy a replacement screen (not from Dynon) for a couple of hundred dollars but I don’t recall where I bought it.

Now that one’s gone west and I need to replace it again.

Anyone got an idea where I might source a replacement?

Thanks
Neil

Andrew Anunson

Neil,
You posted this awhile back…

On Sep 11, 2022, at 7:42 PM, Neil Clayton <harvey4@...> wrote:

[...]

Del Schier

Neil my screen on my EMS D10A went bad; same problem. Dynon wanted $600 plus shipping! I replaced it for $37 and 20 min work. I have a spare but I need to go to the hanger and get the number off the part so you can get one on eBay. I will send the info later.

Del Schier
Cozy IV N197DL
Cannon Creek Airpark 15FL

A while ago my Dynon D10A screen developed a “smudge” in the centre which got worse over time. I was able to buy a replacement screen (not from Dynon) for a couple of hundred dollars but I don’t recall where I bought it.

Now that one’s gone west and I need to replace it again.

Anyone got an idea where I might source a replacement?

Thanks
Neil

Neil Clayton

Thanks Del…that would help a lot.

On Sep 12, 2022, at 6:37 AM, Del Schier <cozypilot@...> wrote:

Neil my screen on my EMS D10A went bad; same problem. Dynon wanted $600 plus shipping! I replaced it for $37 and 20 min work. I have a spare but I need to go to the hanger and get the number off the part so you can get one on eBay. I will send the info later.

Del Schier
Cozy IV N197DL
Cannon Creek Airpark 15FL

A while ago my Dynon D10A screen developed a “smudge” in the centre which got worse over time. I was able to buy a replacement screen (not from Dynon) for a couple of hundred dollars but I don’t recall where I bought it.

Now that one’s gone west and I need to replace it again.

Anyone got an idea where I might source a replacement?

Thanks
Neil

Del Schier

It is a Sharp LQ038Q5DR01 LCD display. It was easy to put in just use care.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Sharp+LQ038Q5DR01+LCD+&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1
<$40.00 from China one there in the US for $69

If you take the D-10 apart it will not look like those pictures. Dynon installs it without the metal shield.

Del