From: canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io <canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io> On Behalf Of andrew geraghty
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2020 10:27 PM
To: canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io
Subject: Re: [c-a] Dynon's red cube fuel flow sensor

My long Ez

Have a nice day,  Andrew PG

Sent from Mobil device

On Jun 19, 2020, at 06:58, Steve Stearns <steve@...> wrote:

I've got mine in the passenger compartment upstream of the gascolator (which is on the firewall).  It was the best compromise I could come up with for straight sections of pipe and my desire to minimize fuel lines and weirdness in the engine compartment (heat soak concerns) vs being downstream of my "fuel filter" (aka gascolator) and electric fuel pump.

It does reduce/constrain flow a little upstream of the pump (bad) but the effect is minor and my static flow tests to the gascolator are acceptable.  Its k-value was fine right up until some bug bodies got tangled up in there (impared impeller, so flow read low, didn't impair actual flow) after I left the caps loose overnight (so it wouldn't warm up with full tanks and pee out the vent, I've since added a second vent so this doesn't happen anymore).  I cleaned it out and had to tweak the k-value a couple of times and it worked ok but, IIRC, seemed a little erratic so I replaced it and it's worked fine ever since.

Steve Stearns

O235 Longeze

Boulder / Longmont CO

dale behrens

Hey Del how much you wanting to get for your red cube as I might be interested?

Thanks,

Les Behrens

512-294-8966

On 6/20/2020 9:07 AM, Del Schier wrote:

These posts reminded me to tell you guys I have a new one of these I don’t need.  My Dynon EMS-10 came with it but I used the old one already installed in the airplane.  If anyone needs one of these I have a new one; make me an offer.

Del Schier

Cozy IV N197DL

Cannon Creek Airpark 15FL