FUEL PRESS PROBLEMS

Vance Atkinson

One way to eliminate fuel pressure problems (or practically any electrical engine gauge) is eliminating the gauge, connectors, wiring and sender is to temporarily install a mechanical (in this case), fuel pressure gauge.  The are cheap, tons of them on line and pretty easy to install temporarily.  My entire Cozy's life had a mechanical  fuel pressure gauge, mechanical oil pressure and temperature gauge, and mechanical manifold Press gauge.  Not a lick of problems the entire 35 years of flying with those gauges. And they were very accurate.

I was lucky enough to come across the gauges for a very reasonable price and a shop that changed the oil temp capillary tube to15 feet so it would work in our EZ type planes.  These gauges were used in a lot of professional competition aerobatic planes like the Christian Eagle and Pitts etc also some production planes.

Vance Atkinson

COZY N43CZ