Gone West: Petra Sobotka

Izzy

About two weeks ago, canard pilot and friend Petra Sobotka was killed on the job flying a crop duster. Some of you may remember she came to Kanab, RR, Oshkosh and several other Canard events in the last few years. She was one of the few women representing Canard aviators and she was also one of the younger folks, of which we have too few as it is.

RAFE published a writeup on her that I’d like to share here. She was a good pilot and an adventurer in many enterprises. She helped me deliver Steve Wrights VariEze to RAFE and we worked selling t-shirts and guarding planes as part of the RAFE support crew at Oshkosh in 2017. She will be missed by her husband Erik, her mother and her many friend and contacts in the Canard and greater aviation community.

Izzy