In defense of Spruce

kent ashton

I have probably made a few of Jim Irwin’s boat payments over the years but thank goodness for Aircraft Spruce (and lil’ brother Wicks). The **free** Spruce catalog has gone from about 1/2” thick to 2”. Remember when we had to root through the Osh Fly-Market to get parts. Now they are all online with overnight shipping.

How exciting to have the truck pull up with my first big pallet of Cozy foam, glass and wooden sticks(?)! And when I wanted to know the difference between an AN500 and a MS35265 Fillister Head screw, check the catalog—a great resource.
-Kent

Phil Kriley

And their customer service is excellent, with real people to talk to and get answers to sometimes (for me) perplexing questions.

Phil Kriley

On Dec 1, 2021, at 5:41 AM, kent ashton <kjashton@...> wrote:

I have probably made a few of Jim Irwin’s boat payments over the years but thank goodness for Aircraft Spruce (and lil’ brother Wicks). The **free** Spruce catalog has gone from about 1/2” thick to 2”. Remember when we had to root through the Osh Fly-Market to get parts. Now they are all online with overnight shipping.

How exciting to have the truck pull up with my first big pallet of Cozy foam, glass and wooden sticks(?)! And when I wanted to know the difference between an AN500 and a MS35265 Fillister Head screw, check the catalog—a great resource.
-Kent

skovbjerg

Second that!
Jay

On Dec 1, 2021, at 02:43, kent ashton <kjashton@...> wrote:

I have probably made a few of Jim Irwin’s boat payments over the years but thank goodness for Aircraft Spruce (and lil’ brother Wicks). The **free** Spruce catalog has gone from about 1/2” thick to 2”. Remember when we had to root through the Osh Fly-Market to get parts. Now they are all online with overnight shipping.

How exciting to have the truck pull up with my first big pallet of Cozy foam, glass and wooden sticks(?)! And when I wanted to know the difference between an AN500 and a MS35265 Fillister Head screw, check the catalog—a great resource.
-Kent

Bob Holliston

Spruce's shipping costs way suck! If I need something A/S sells I take the time to Google around and try to find it cheaper or the same price. Shipping costs are always less.