Landfill harmonic balancer

Bill Allen

Hi All,

I’m looking for a Landoll harmonic balancer - has anyone got one or know of one for sale?

Bill Allen
CZ4 G-BYLZ
LE160 N99BA
--

Todd Carrico

6 months ago, vincefrazier@... said they were working on making new ones.  He said they would probably sell them here:

I don't see them listed, so I sent him an email.

tc

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 2:09 PM Bill Allen <billallensworld@...> wrote:
Hi All,

I’m looking for a Landoll harmonic balancer - has anyone got one or know of one for sale?

Bill Allen
CZ4 G-BYLZ
LE160 N99BA
--

Todd Carrico

here is the response i got:
" It's not a high priority, but the machinist does have the unit disassembled and measured.

The biggest hurdle is finding someone who knows EXACTLY what the gel inside the originals was.  Find that out and we can make some.

Thanks,
Vince"

does anyone know that answer?

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 2:18 PM Todd Carrico via groups.io <tcarrico.cozy=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

6 months ago, vincefrazier@... said they were working on making new ones.  He said they would probably sell them here:

I don't see them listed, so I sent him an email.

tc

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 2:09 PM Bill Allen <billallensworld@...> wrote:
Hi All,

I’m looking for a Landoll harmonic balancer - has anyone got one or know of one for sale?

Bill Allen
CZ4 G-BYLZ
LE160 N99BA
--

Bill Allen

Is Mark Landoll still around?

If anyone has his contact details, he might not mind answering that question….

On Mon, 20 Sep 2021 at 22:44, Todd Carrico <tcarrico.cozy@...> wrote:
[...]

Nick U

I recently installed a balance ring system from Balance Masters to test out.  http://www.balancemasters.com

I can report that the balance ring system by this company DOES NOT WORK.   For reference I used my Aces Electronic Balancer to test vibration out both before and after installation.

Unbalanced (no weights on flywheel) the Aces indicated .03”/sec balance.  When the balance ring was installed the best it would give me is .17”/sec balance at 2100 and 2200 rpm.

I then took the ring off and balanced the engine/prop to around .02”/sec at 2200 rpm..  After reinstallation of the ring and the balance went up to .19”/sec which was quite a surprise.  The ring never reduced the inbalance to anything close to what I was able to achieve to with the electronic balancer at 2200 rpm even after running the engine for longer than the specified 2 minutes at a steady rpm.

I did notice a possible reduction of vibration at cruise rpm, but it is only a seat of the pants estimate.  It felt a bit different, but not $400 worth of difference in my book.

I returned the balance ring, rebalanced the engine/prop with the Aces, down to .01”/sec and saved myself some $$.   I am not saying that a competitive or different type of balance system would not work, but in this case with this product, it did not.

Nick Ugolini