N28EZ - Harley Dixon: Gone West Memorial Fly-In Saturday KIUA

Izzy

Good evening:

A few weeks ago, we lost a long time member of the Canard community, Long-Eze builder and owner Harley Dixon. Harley's son Darren has asked me to help him with his Dad's Long-Eze N28EZ so I'll be meeting Darren at Canandaigua Airport (KIUA) this coming Saturday morning May 7th to collect his Dad's aircraft and spend a little time getting to know Darren.

Darren never got a chance to fly in a canard although he's been connected to the Canard community through his father since way back. Darren is a big fan of the Canard and the folks in our community as they've been a part of his life for years. In this picture you can see an 12 year old Darren standing next to N79RA, Elbert's Long Eze #001 from 1982.

Inline image
If the weather is favorable and your feeling able and willing to come by and pay respects, please consider flying your canard or whatever you can motor over with to KIUA for a visit. I'll be organizing rides to Rheinblick German Restaurant around 11:30 for a $100 Wienerschnitzel and some good airplane talk.

Inline image
Harley Marshall Dixon: Lived until April 14, 2022 at age 79.
Inline image

Harley's Long-Eze, N28EZ.

Izzy
(603)410-7277

jjake1957

Harley was a nice guy. I met him about 10 years ago when I stopped in visit him and his EZ in Canandaigua He lived in Henriette. Keep the plane at Canandaigua. Sorry to see him go West.

Bill Estes

On Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 07:02:04 PM EDT, Izzy via groups.io <inbriggs@...> wrote:

[...]

Ryszard Zadow

Harley will be missed

RZ

On May 3, 2022, at 21:07, jjake1957 via groups.io <jjake1957@...> wrote:

[...]

1651617166657blob.jpg
If the weather is favorable and your feeling able and willing to come by and pay respects, please consider flying your canard or whatever you can motor over with to KIUA for a visit. I'll be organizing rides to Rheinblick German Restaurant around 11:30 for a $100 Wienerschnitzel and some good airplane talk.

1651618327885blob.jpg
Harley Marshall Dixon: Lived until April 14, 2022 at age 79.
1651618587627blob.jpg

Harley's Long-Eze, N28EZ.

Izzy
(603)410-7277
1651618587627blob.jpg1651618327885blob.jpg1651617166657blob.jpg

Izzy

Weather for the memorial fly-in will be reasonable but not terrific and it’s likely to require some IFR skills to come up from Pennsylvania to the south and West. North East based fliers will likely find reasonable VFR conditions.

20% light rain during the event.

I have two 5 seat cars available for ground transportation to the restaurant rain or shine at 11:30.

I’ll send one more report tomorrow afternoon.

image0.jpegimage1.png

Izzy
(603)410-7277

On May 3, 2022, at 19:02, Izzy via groups.io <inbriggs@...> wrote:

[...]

If your to coming to KIUA from Upstate NY, Vermont, New Hampshire or Massachusetts, the weather is looking ok for VFR. But momma cloud is making it hard for anyone coming through PA tomorrow. The rain is not as big a deal as the embedded thunderclouds.

It’s better Sunday…if I get a few votes to move to Sunday, we can do that.

image0.jpeg

image1.png

Izzy
(603)410-7277