Topics

New poll for canard-aviators

Tom Smith

In a message dated 2/19/01 4:54:26 PM Pacific Standard Time,
canard-aviators@... writes:

Where on that page is there to vote??

canard-aviators@...

canard-aviators group:

Would you like to the canard-aviator's
list to permit email attachments?

o Yes.
o No.

web site listed above.

Thanks!

Harley Dixon

Wayne and Canardians...

Would you like to the canard-aviator's list to permit email attachments? <<
I'm not sure that everyone knows what they would include...they are probably thinking advertisements or viruses (I noticed a 'No' in the vote).

Allowing attachments (or using HTML) would permit you to include a picture or drawing of what you are talking about...no more need for those ASCII drawings that we are all so familiar with that turn out differently on everyones machine because of different fonts.

You could include pictures of the planes, avionics, etc, whatever you are talking about, not to mention shared files and databases.

I've been involved in several other email groups that do allow attachments...they make a big difference in clarifying a statement or request.

I voted yes...Wayne should turn on that feature. Once you've had it for awhile, you won't be able to live without it.

Harley

jcbarnes@...

Hi Folks,

Nowhere on that page to vote. But if we vote I might as well do some
campaigning.

I'm voting NO anyhow. Much as I'd love to see everybody's sketches, I
get enough viruses as attachments and also don't need to receive an
extra 10 emails a day with attachments cuz I'm still on a 56K modem.
That adds up. Especially when 10 people want a sketch the other 970
people don't.

We should have a group FTP site we can upload to and download from. If
we don't want to post it or see it, we don't spend the connect time
dealing with it nor do we end up keeping on our hard drives (I've got
all the posts since I joined; that really adds up too). We can also
browse an index and 'shop' it so-to-speak. And it's there for people
who join up beyond the date of the posting: something not available with
email attachments.

I don't want HTML either. I want information, not red green and blue
fonts on chartruse backgrounds. Again a space issue as a 1k text email
is a 5k html email. Also HTML is a way to send some very sneaky
viruses.

My 2 cents worth.

Regards,
Jeff Barnes
Velocity XL in the works

canard-aviators@... wrote:

canard-aviators group:

Would you like to the canard-aviator's
list to permit email attachments?

o Yes.
o No.

web site listed above.

Thanks!

Bill Swears

One note on attachments, and HTML. I don't mind receiving HTML, but if
it takes too long I just blow off the message. Also, I'd like to see a
size limit on attachments. Like under 100K would be good. Sufficient
for any kind of line drawing you might imagine, several chapters of a
book, or about three nice sized screen viewable graphics. not large
enough for printable pictures, but if somebody wants that they can
arrange for private mail.

canard-aviators@... wrote:

canard-aviators group:

Would you like to the canard-aviator's