Oil Filter Option/Replacement

Izzy

For those who are actively flying you may be painfully aware that there is a currently a shortage of aircraft oil filters for reasons I don't know or care to know why.

I've had an order in for 12 Champion CH48108-1's and they are not giving a delivery date....so we're talking months.....

In response, I've been looking at alternatives and came across this device. I'm considering using this instead of the disposable ones. Yea, it's going to be a lot messier, but at least it takes the stress away of not being able to change the filter when I change the oil.

Anyone try these before? Anyone experience any failures with these before? They have an STC with them so feel like they have decent engineering, but I stopped trusting my feelings after my third divorce so any empirical evidence of operation in service, or at least funny stories would be appreciated.

Izzy
(603)410-7277

Mike Satchell

A friend of mine has them on an RV8 and a Skywagon.  No problems with them.

Regards,
Mike Satchell
N724CZ

--

Dale Martin

Izzy,

That is all we use here.  Have absolutely no use for the big overpriced aircraft type.
I really like how fast it is to inspect the filter and how simple it is to clean them up, not to mention the little bit of extra cooling they supply.

Dale
http://www.long-ez.com

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke.