Jean-joseph Foe

Thank you very much.
Merci beaucoup Marc .

Le lun., janv. 25, 2021 à 21:52, Marc
<borommarc@...> a écrit :

Bon Jour Jean Joseph,

Sorry, I left out the part designation for the Starter Drive.  The part number is 54-212.  You can find it for $13.95 at

WAI 54-212 Starter Drive for FORD PMGR 10 TOOTH NOS – governmenttransitsurplus.com

My point is that you are better off buying the complete starter, with all the components for $32 through Walmart.

New Starter High Torque Ford Mini Pmgr 12V 10 T for Bronco - 3205 - 3268 - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

This is a simple investment for the future, if you have a SkyTek starter or something similar.

Bon Chance.

Marc

From: canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io <canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jean-joseph Foe via groups.io
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2021 1:27 PM
To: canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io
Subject: Re :Re: [c-a] SkyTek starters

Great write up Marc.

Do you have any part number for the starter drive?

Jean Joseph.

Building a Cozy mark iv in France.

Le dim., janv. 24, 2021 à 22:05, Marc

<borommarc@...> a écrit :

Thanks, Tom,

I appreciate the precise input.

Please see my response to the issue for more details.

Marc

From: "Jim Evans" <jevansez@...>
To: canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 21:23:08 -0500

Make your own bracket and use an automotive starter. Been doing that for about 30 years now. Easy peasy.

Jim

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021, 21:19 Don B via groups.io <donberlin475=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I would stay with a B&C starter!  However, on my Cozy the B&C wouldn’t fit.  I have a IO-360 Angle Valve engine out of a Mooney and B&C said that’s the only engine they won’t fit on.  I had to switch to a Skytec🙁

On Jan 14, 2021, at 7:08 PM, Steve Rothert via groups.io <SWROTHERT=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Marc,
Skytec used to take and brand of a starter as a trade-ins, then  offer a "refurbished" starter with warranty. That's what I did several years ago.   I don't know if they do that anymore, now that they are part of Hartzel.

Steve