Replacement Transponder

Keith Spreuer

I'm using my GRT EFIS to feed grey code altitude info to a Narco AT150 transponder. Trouble is the EFIS is ancient and needs to be replaced. Their new model does not put out grey code. So I either need a stand alone encoder or to replace the Transponder with a model that has the encoder built in. It would be nice if there were a used transponder with encoder that fits in the same slot as the Narco AT150. Any help with what to look for?

Mike Satchell

Probably the nicest (but relatively expensive) all in one transponder with ADS-B in & out, moving map with weather is the Lynx NGT9000.    

One is currently listed on eBay for $5485. 

Regards,
Mike Satchell

On Sat, Nov 12, 2022 at 12:40 PM Keith Spreuer <kspreuer@...> wrote:
I'm using my GRT EFIS to feed grey code altitude info to a Narco AT150 transponder. Trouble is the EFIS is ancient and needs to be replaced. Their new model does not put out grey code. So I either need a stand alone encoder or to replace the Transponder with a model that has the encoder built in. It would be nice if there were a used transponder with encoder that fits in the same slot as the Narco AT150. Any help with what to look for?

--

Steve Rothert

Keith
Google "serial to gray code converter".  Maybe one of those results will help.

Steve

Keith Spreuer

Good suggestion Steve. I see GRT makes one. That may be the lowest cost solution.

On Sat, Nov 12, 2022, 2:39 PM Steve Rothert via groups.io <SWROTHERT=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Keith
Google "serial to gray code converter".  Maybe one of those results will help.

Steve

Del Schier

Keith I have an extra encoder if that helps. Contact me if interested.

Del

From: canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io <canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io> On Behalf Of Keith Spreuer
Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2022 1:40 PM
To: Cozy Builders <cozy_builders@...>; Canard Aviators <canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io>; Canard Forum <forum@...>
Subject: [c-a] Replacement Transponder

Keith Spreuer

A blind encoder might be the way to go. Then it's I dependant of the EFIS. What's it worth to you?

On Sun, Nov 13, 2022, 4:47 AM Del Schier <cozypilot@...> wrote:

Del

From: canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io <canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io> On Behalf Of Keith Spreuer
To: Cozy Builders <cozy_builders@...>; Canard Aviators <canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io>; Canard Forum <forum@...>

Del Schier

Keith, It’s an AMERI-KING AK350 in very good condition and was working perfectly when I pulled it. My Cozy came with both with a RMI uEncoder and the AK350. I didn’t see that I needed the extra weight and wires and I needed the spot to mount a GPS antenna.  I would take $100 shipped.

Your thread made me realize that I don’t need the uEncoder, I could have used the Dynon EFIS

Del

Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2022 9:55 AM
To: Canard Aviators <canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [c-a] Replacement Transponder

A blind encoder might be the way to go. Then it's I dependant of the EFIS. What's it worth to you?

Del

Keith Spreuer

I need to speak with GRT tomorrow then I can decide which way to go. Sounds fair though. Back with you tomorrow 

On Sun, Nov 13, 2022, 2:15 PM Del Schier <cozypilot@...> wrote:

Keith, It’s an AMERI-KING AK350 in very good condition and was working perfectly when I pulled it. My Cozy came with both with a RMI uEncoder and the AK350. I didn’t see that I needed the extra weight and wires and I needed the spot to mount a GPS antenna.  I would take $100 shipped.

Your thread made me realize that I don’t need the uEncoder, I could have used the Dynon EFIS

Del

Del

Keith Spreuer

Ok I'd like to buy that encoder. Can I send pay pal money to you?
My address is
Keith Spreuer 
1811 Short Line Ln, Prescott, AZ 86301

On Sun, Nov 13, 2022, 2:24 PM Keith Spreuer via groups.io <kspreuer=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I need to speak with GRT tomorrow then I can decide which way to go. Sounds fair though. Back with you tomorrow 

On Sun, Nov 13, 2022, 2:15 PM Del Schier <cozypilot@...> wrote:

Del

Del