Scary situation

Bulent Aliev

Can’t imagine that thing happening in the air, on all electric plane full of passengers 😳

https://youtu.be/5r-yN8SugWM

Del Schier

Buly,

Anything that stores energy is dangerous.  Years ago, I saw a Chevy run off the road and crash with a 200’ fireball from the gas explosion. The crash created a spherical fireball the height of a full-grown oak tree. I started to see if I could help but couldn’t get near the fire; I saw five kids burned to death and nothing of the car was left, the entire car melted except maybe the engine.

The guy that bought my LongEZ crashed on takeoff and he and his daughter were burned to death from the fire.

I drive a Tesla and I am not too worried about a battery fire, even severe crashes very few have caught fire. Statistically much lower than gas cars.

Del Schier

Cozy IV N197DL

Cannon Creek Airpark 15FL

From: canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io <canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bulent Aliev
Sent: Saturday, May 7, 2022 2:21 PM
To: cozy_builders@...; canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io
Subject: [c-a] Scary situation

Can’t imagine that thing happening in the air, on all electric plane full of passengers 😳

Ryszard Zadow

On May 9, 2022, at 08:09, Del Schier <cozypilot@...> wrote:

Buly,

Anything that stores energy is dangerous.  Years ago, I saw a Chevy run off the road and crash with a 200’ fireball from the gas explosion. The crash created a spherical fireball the height of a full-grown oak tree. I started to see if I could help but couldn’t get near the fire; I saw five kids burned to death and nothing of the car was left, the entire car melted except maybe the engine.

The guy that bought my LongEZ crashed on takeoff and he and his daughter were burned to death from the fire.

I drive a Tesla and I am not too worried about a battery fire, even severe crashes very few have caught fire. Statistically much lower than gas cars.

Del Schier

Cozy IV N197DL

From: canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io <canard-aviators@canardzone.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bulent Aliev

Bulent Aliev

I Agree Del. 
I drove for many years in the first gen. Prius, Have a Lithium Ion powered canoe, and ordered an all electric Aptera (my CZ without wings 😀)
Aptera.jpg
My point was that you have a chance of getting out of a car, boat or bus at an event like that. But getting out of a plane in the air with raging fire fueled by huge lithium power pack, is not likely.
Sorry some people got their knickers all wound up.

Bulent "Buly" Aliev
"COZY 4-2"  (DUTCH STAR 4369)

On Mon, May 9, 2022 at 9:09 AM Del Schier <cozypilot@...> wrote:

Buly,

Del Schier

Cozy IV N197DL