Topics

Transponder

Aziz Musa

Hello everybody,
Does replacing a transponder with same make and model have any effect on ads-b operation or registration. I am talking about a legacy transponder with the Echo Uat ads-b.
Thank you,
Aziz 
N147AM 

Keith Spreuer

Nope no effect
Keith

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020, 3:49 PM Aziz Musa <upperglass747@...> wrote:
Hello everybody,
Does replacing a transponder with same make and model have any effect on ads-b operation or registration. I am talking about a legacy transponder with the Echo Uat ads-b.
Thank you,
Aziz 
N147AM 

Steve Campbell

Just did that two days ago. No effect

Steve Campbell
scampbell@...

On Jun 27, 2020, at 5:56 PM, Keith Spreuer <kspreuer@...> wrote:

Nope no effect
Keith

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020, 3:49 PM Aziz Musa <upperglass747@...> wrote:
Hello everybody,
Thank you,
Aziz 
N147AM 

Marc J. Zeitlin

Aziz Musa wrote:

No, but you WILL have to get a new 91.413 Transponder check done to be legal.

--
Marc J. Zeitlin                      marc_zeitlin@...
                                            http://www.cozybuilders.org/
Copyright © 2020                     Burnside Aerospace

Todd Stock

Back when the ADS-B rule was being debated, there were proposals to sunset the transponder rule and further encourage GA equipage, but with the follow-on to TCAS 2 decades away from full fielding, relief from the transponder rule is not really something likely to occur in the foreseeable future. I’d also like to see some recognition of the changes in GA transponder design which make the 24 month check a bit of a relic, but not holding my breath.

On Jun 27, 2020, at 22:39, Marc J. Zeitlin <marc.j.zeitlin@...> wrote:

Aziz Musa wrote:

--

Aziz Musa

Thank you to those who answered my transponder question.
Aziz

On Jun 27, 2020, at 10:31 PM, Todd Stock via groups.io <tmstock@...> wrote:

Back when the ADS-B rule was being debated, there were proposals to sunset the transponder rule and further encourage GA equipage, but with the follow-on to TCAS 2 decades away from full fielding, relief from the transponder rule is not really something likely to occur in the foreseeable future. I’d also like to see some recognition of the changes in GA transponder design which make the 24 month check a bit of a relic, but not holding my breath.

On Jun 27, 2020, at 22:39, Marc J. Zeitlin <marc.j.zeitlin@...> wrote:

Aziz Musa wrote:

--