Topics

Wide bodies

Greg Norman

Remember the King Cozy? I found a photo of it last night and wondered what happened to it. It was a huge fuselage but I believe he had the right idea like I bet a lot of us ponder.
   Why on earth do we have to shoehorn ourselves into every airplane while even the Mazda Miata seems to have more leg and hip room? From a Cessna 150, Mooney, to a Cozy. Even the "luxury" aircraft you have to clamber in from the back or a passenger side door. Haven't the aircraft companies heard we're not the same size of the 1930's generation?
   Will it completely ruin the aerodynamics if we build a canard plane a foot wider instead of "staggering" our SO in the back so her hips don't turn blue? Sure seems it would make those cross country trips a bit more enjoyable.

Greg Norman
N540GN

Bill Allen

I think Bulent Aliev made his 5” wider and also slightly staggered the front seats - his CZ4 performed well.

he might even comment on my comment :^)

Bill Allen

--

Bulent Aliev

As Bill said, I widened the fuselage by 5” at the seatback, and pulled the seatback back by 5”. Of course, I was widely criticized by some people. My plane was much more comfortable, faster at cruise at the same engine and setting compared to LEZ And CZ,s.
I could not fit in a standard CZ even with cushions out and my shoes off.
And I was only 6’4 and 220lb at the time. Not a giant. As I was saying, it was designed to be comfy for “girly man”. Joke! No need to 🔥.
Anyway, one day I got an email from Nat, saying that he liked the looks of my CZ😱. 15 years before that at SF he told in a terse way me to go build something else after I asked him if it can be modified. So I never called him during the building process. “I did it my way” 😂

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 12:24 PM Bill Allen <billallensworld@...> wrote:
[...]

Enginegear
ph +1 954.557.1019
fax +1 386.957.4473