Re: Hangar Insurance


If you have a Homeowners Policy, you should be able to add the airport authority as an additional insured for liability coverage, which should satisfy the requirement. Be sure to adjust the liability amount on the policy to the limits needed.

Don Jones
Berkut FG

On Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 1:54:06 PM CST, David A Froble <davef@...> wrote:

On 12/11/2019 2:11 PM, varipilot via Groups.Io wrote:
> Can anyone advise what type of policy, and with whom they are insured
> with, for “a builders’ policy”. Not looking for coverage for a completed
> “flying” aircraft, but rather liability only protecting the airport and
> city/county operating it and demanding it.
> Not that concerned about covering the aircraft, my tools or equipment,
> although would be willing to look at that depending on costs. I’ve been
> an EAA member for 30 years. AOPA does not want to touch it. They
> declined me yesterday. Both Falcon and Avemco want to insure my “build”,
> as a “flying aircraft”.....
> Along with terminating all prior hangar agreements in effect at my
> airport, and of course an appreciable increase in rents, my city is
> requiring a “general liability” policy with $1 million/$100,000.
> coverage, not in motion, ground only.

Time to find a new airport ....

David Froble                      Tel: 724-529-0450
Dave Froble Enterprises, Inc.      E-Mail: davef@...
DFE Ultralights, Inc.
170 Grimplin Road
Vanderbilt, PA  15486

Join to automatically receive all group messages.