Re: Hangar Insurance


Go to a broker that does general liability. It is like liability for your house or business property not contents.

-----Original Message-----
From: <> On Behalf Of David A Froble
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 2:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Canard Zone] Hangar Insurance

On 12/11/2019 2:11 PM, varipilot via Groups.Io wrote:
Can anyone advise what type of policy, and with whom they are insured
with, for “a builders’ policy”. Not looking for coverage for a
completed “flying” aircraft, but rather liability only protecting the
airport and city/county operating it and demanding it.
Not that concerned about covering the aircraft, my tools or equipment,
although would be willing to look at that depending on costs. I’ve
been an EAA member for 30 years. AOPA does not want to touch it. They
declined me yesterday. Both Falcon and Avemco want to insure my
“build”, as a “flying aircraft”.....
Along with terminating all prior hangar agreements in effect at my
airport, and of course an appreciable increase in rents, my city is
requiring a “general liability” policy with $1 million/$100,000.
coverage, not in motion, ground only.
Time to find a new airport ....

David Froble Tel: 724-529-0450
Dave Froble Enterprises, Inc. E-Mail: davef@...
DFE Ultralights, Inc.
170 Grimplin Road
Vanderbilt, PA 15486

Join to automatically receive all group messages.